You know when you walk into a spa, that amazing scent you smell? Nine times or often they are burning some type of aromatherapy candle. Most candles are commonly used for lightening a dark room when you have lost power or more often in a candlelight dinner on a date. Aromatherapy candles have added a new perspective to the usage of your basic candle, candles now serve as a basis to achieve health, vitality and rejuvenating of the body as well as mind and spirit. Aromatherapy candles are made with beeswax, soybean wax or vegetable oil. One can even find pure essential oil candles in the market. The best thing about aromatherapy candles is that they are environmentally friendly as they are derived from natural plant sources. The scent is a powerful mood stimulator that adds greatly to any beauty ritual. Spas have long incorporated scents from herbs, flowers, fruits and other plants for treatments from massages to wraps to facials to just adding to the feel of the place.
Some of the most common uses of aromatherapy candles are:
- Set the atmosphere
- Improve the ambience in many situations
- Can be used in any room of your home and provide a wonderful enhancement wer.
- Scented with essential oils or herbs that send messages of relaxation or rejuvenation to the mind and body.
Aromatherapy candles are available in different styles, sizes and scents. You can choose the appropriate candle as per your requirement and aspiration. Scented candles can add warmth to any home, they can give a clean, refreshing feel. Many candles are scented with essential oils or oils that come from plants.
If by now you have decided to buy an aromatherapy candle, learn what kinds of scents they are available in and what are their benefits:
- Lemongrass is relaxing.
- Peppermint is strong and minty. Can aid with alertness. Peppermint tea is great for upset tummies too!
- Lemon is also a strong scent and can help dispel fatigue.
- Jasmine smells as good as it sounds can help spark romance.
- Grapefruit is another citrus scent that can lift your spirits. As does orange and Tangerine.
- Vanilla is very rich and helps to relieve tension and irritability.
- Lavender is fresh and floral. It is also very relaxing and calming.
- Aromatherapy candles are cost-effective and are natural candles. Being made from natural they have many benefits over candles made up of paraffin. Soy wax that is most commonly used in making aromatherapy candles is naturally non-toxic, a biodegradable renewable resource. It also burns slower and produces very little dust and black smoke.
Aromatherapy candles are made with essential oils. Did you know that vegetable-based or beeswax candles are better for the environment and even better for your health? When lit, candles made from paraffin wax emit trace amounts of toxins including formaldehyde and black petroleum smoke. That is why choosing vegetable-based candles such as soy candles that are created with pure essential oils is just better for you. Now the differences between your regular soy-based candle and aromatherapy candles come down to the what is used to create the scent with. There are pure essential oils and it is man-made. You want ones made with pure essential oils.